Saturday, May 17, 2014

Our tiny printing company's first folios.


In 1962 I had a dream where I had founded my own printing company.  At that time I was in high school and was the editor of our yearbook.   I loved it and felt that publishing was the world for me.   Several years later I went to work for the Winnipeg Tribune selling advertising.   It was quite a learning experience and I loved every minute of it.

52 years later and I have returned to my roots doing fine art publishing.

On Sunday, May 18, I will be previewing the first set of fine art folios published by our tiny printing house.  It has been one of the most exciting things I have ever done.   The box above contains the original prints that I used to do the layout of my first book.


There are 37 of them I think, (I forgot to count  :) and they are so delicate and beautiful.   I am offering them as a boxed set for the discerning collector.   

I will also be offering several other folios of work containing 8 to 10 pictures each of which I am very proud.   

In addition, I will have a number of framed prints ready to be taken home and hung on your wall.   Please come to the Rollo Center on Sunday afternoon and have a look.   I'd love to hear what you think and would be honoured if you decided to purchase a folio, a box set or a framed print.   

As an introduction, (and because I need more equipment and materials desperately)  I have set my prices to be considerably lower than usual.  

In any event, I would be so pleased if you would be kind enough to drop by and say hello.

4 comments:

  1. James, you have outdone yourself with this work! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be there! Can't wait to see what you have wrought.

    Dave & Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, I'm so looking forward to seeing you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is exquisite, James. Hope you have a great day at the Rollo.

    ReplyDelete